Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's ALIVE!

That title of course needs to be read in a 1950's black and white thriller movie voice-over voice.

When I talk to myself sometimes it comes out in a voice with a strange accent or sound. Is that weird? It probably comes from spending so much time with no one to talk to but myself. I think it might be a little unusual but the voice with the Freud accent says to not worry about it. I am sure I can find a way to blame it on my parents.

So speaking of voices - this nagging voice in the back of my head keeps telling me I should write in my blog again. (No, this is a different voice than the one that told me to shave my cat and paint her green - that one had a definite Irish accent)

So since I assume that nobody will ever read this, and I really need a therapeutic place to rant. I shall now attempt to resuscitate my blog. (Yes, I had to look up how to spell that nasty word)
I wasn’t even sure the blog would still be here. So I did a search for “Tangent Woman” and it was the first hit! Tee hee, I am famous.

Apparently there is a town in western Oregon that is named Tangent. (It’s the grass seed capital of the world!) It has a population of 1,000. So if one were to refer to a female from that town, she could technically be called a tangent woman. But she wouldn't be Tangent Woman with capital letters.
Aren’t Capital Letters Amazing Things? They can let you yell in a text or email, they can emphasize things, they translate a number into a grade, they look cool, they can turn any sentence into a title and they perform the obviously vital function of separating true super heroes from rotten pretenders.

So the voice in my head that has the Spanish accent is now telling me I should get back to grading papers. Capital F is a cool letter don’t you think?

No comments: